Monday 16 March 2015

How to contain the footballs???


So I have a 5 year old boy, he's the middle child, in between two girls. He is adorable, edible, delicious, cheeky, doesn't stop moving and his main purpose in life so far is to kick balls. Having had a girl first who sits for hours doing arts and crafts or reading, I was in for a shock. My little boy arrived and from the word go he wanted to kick, bash, run and destroy. 

I am writing this post for advice. How on earth do I get him to stop randomly kicking EVERYTHING high in the air. This post is also fueled from guilt as I have just seen red as I have witnessed my little boy angel kick yet another item into next doors garden. Last time I looked the neighbour was housing five footballs, one basketball and three tennis balls in his garden. Not to mention various other items of his sisters belongings, that he has decided to launch into the air. 

No matter how many times I tell him, put him on the naughty step, take his favourite toy away etc he still does it! I can see it in his face, his brain does not engage, he just sees a football or an item and thinks 'how high can I kick that??' When it goes really high he has a look of delight on his face. He's proud, happy, nothing else matters. That is until I start nagging him, telling him someone will get hurt or that he will loose all his things and he looks confused.

So what can I do, how can I contain the things to our garden? How? Its a mystery! Maybe one I will just have to live with! 

Thanks for listening!


Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment