Friday 6 March 2015

I'm doing the flares thang!


When flares went out to be replace by skinnies, I can honestly say I was glad to see the back of them. No more fraying as they were always too long. No more getting soggy in the rain. Another reason I was happy to say goodbye to flares was because they were always low cut and the tops were cropped. This caused problems because unless you were a size -0 there would always be some muffin bits sticking out for all to see. 


When I realised flares were making a come back I wasn't that excited by the fact. I had it in my mind that I wouldn't indulge. Cut to month later and seeing the lovely 70's flares around with a cool boho feel, I found myself purchasing the very funky and reasonable ones from M&S (i know who'd have thought it!!) They are high wasited and not too long. I thought maybe this time round they may have got it right. No more frayed and soggy bottoms! So I got them! They sat in my drawer for a couple of weeks and I even started to think I'd take them back. I showed the to my husband who wasn't keen and said I looked like I was stuck in the year 2000.

Then with the sunshine coming out, I pulled them out of my drawer and put them on. It was like visiting an old friend, and so comfy. Lush, I thought, I'm so wearing these today! I have to add though I had really wanted to wear them with my converse for total comfort, but that really would have thrown me back to the year 2000. So instead I put them on with my pointy brown healed boots. It set off the 70's feel and looked cool. 

I'm so glad I got them, welcome back to the flares! You have come back new and improved. Thank you!

Xxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment